This document is intended for NHS users of Engage Consult. It explains the changes that we are making in this release and how it impacts you and your patients. This is intentionally a summary document - if there's anything you'd like more information about, please get in touch.
This release will take place on Wednesday 6th May 2020 at 1230 and will not involve any down time.
- Fixing a handful of typos and improving the copy in some places
- Added a scroll bar in the "Assign to" list for our larger surgeries
- Improvements to the trend report in the reporting section
- Ability to start an ad-hoc video consultation with a patient from a message
- When you log in, we'll now take you straight to your message list
- A clinician can now pick which session list they want to be offering appointments from.
For your patients
- A patient can now add a booked video consultation session to their personal calendar from a link in the chat dialogue
- Patients can now go straight to a message by clicking on the notification bell when there's a response from their surgery
- If a patient is logged out when they've followed a link in their e-mail, Consult will now take them to where they wanted to go once they've logged back in.
- Enhancements to the way we show some classes of question when taking a medical history
Behind the scenes
- Various engineering tasks to improve performance, stability and overall code quality