In the context of Engage Consult, a browser cache consists of temporary files downloaded by your browser, in order to display Engage Consult web pages. This is done to help maximise the efficiency of the system and deliver web pages to you faster.
However, in some rare instances a cache can result in the new page that you're expecting, to not be loaded.
This article will guide you on clearing the cache for:
- Engage Consult - the patient consultation portal
- my.wiggly-amps.com - the staff configuration page
- Engage Client (LT) - the staff section for managing consultations
If you're a patient, follow the applicable Browser section below for the browser you're using.
A shortcut to bring up the window to clear your cache, in all browsers, is ctrl-shift-delete. If you would like a step-by-step, please scroll down and find your browser.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open the Tools menu and choose Internet options .
- In the General tab's Browsing history section, click Delete... .
- If you have Enage Consult added as a Favourite, please untick Preserve Favourites website data .
- Click Delete .
In Google Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
In Microsoft Edge
- Select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy and security .
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
- Select Clear .
In Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu buttonand select .
- Select the panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the button.